The five Records Management webinars are available in this one Group package:
- It's A Lot More Than Just Filing (E-601)
Records Management is a critical function in all businesses no matter what size the organization is. The larger the company the more complex records management becomes. In this first webinar of the Records Management series, learn the basics about this profession. Start to understand the terminology and the key components such as classification schemes, retention schedules, the management of email and disaster recovery.
- Developing Classification Schemes That Are Used (E-602)
- What a classification scheme really is.
- What a corporate scheme should include.
- How to develop one to gain maximum buy-in.
- How to apply and maintain it to ensure continuing effectiveness.
- Records Management - Retention Scheduling (E-603)
- What the schedule should include
- How to gather the data
- How to apply legislation and get approvals
- Records Management Software (E-604)
This webinar is the fourth in the series and it examines how the use of the proper software can greatly enhance the program’s effectiveness and reduce a lot of the more tedious, time consuming tasks associated with managing information. It will also cover the range of software options and how to develop and manage the process for developing system requirements and choosing the right solution.
- Additional RM Program Components (E-605)
- Vital records protection
- Choosing the right medium or mix of media for storing the records
- Scanning records
- Policies and procedures
- Placing records on hold for litigation
- Managing offsite storage
When you register for this package, you will receive access to the five webinars and the handouts related to each webinar.
Class Type: On-demand Webinar
Presenter: Michael O’Shea is one of the most respected international experts in traditional and emerging forms of information technology. He is currently President of The Information Professionals.
NOTE: POC Members should login before registering for this course to ensure member pricing.